Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Grey is a colourful colour

Many many many.... well, a lifetime ago....when I was a know-it-all art student, I learned that pale grey is the best background colour to emphasize a colour in the foreground.... and in fact, most art gallery walls are painted a very pale grey to allow for maximized viewing pleasure.  I always forget to check that fact - Im too busy looking at the art.  Perhaps this proves the point !!




I see no reason why this age old trick cant be used at home, and even though many peeps balk at the idea of painting their walls grey, they are always happy with the end result.   Let's face it.... a painted wall is not a focal point !  even a feature wall is not a focal point but rather whatever resides on its surface ie fireplace, painting etc.
So here are a few of my favourites found on the internet.
And when I have finished posting this I plan to crack open my tin of Benjamin Moore's Natura colour OC 52 Gray Owl and slap it on my walls. whoopeee !

No comments:

Post a Comment