Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Floating Pillow Chairs

 In my internet travels I came across these chairs that looked like pillows floating on thin modern stainless steel legs.   



Having been to a dinner party the night before where my butt fell asleep on to the uncomfortable wooden chair, I thought I want something like these cosy bum clouds for my dinner parties... I dont know about you but I like the post feed chat and cheese to last a long time.... minus the bum numb.


I dont think it would be to hard to make these - all you need is a set of chair frames sporting some sexy legs, and a structurally intact seat.    It wouldn't matter if the seat part were ugly or mismatched because you would wrap them entirely with a padded cushion.   Im not crazy about the wicker seat of this chair but this sample would be the perfect starting point.


Due to my on-going obsession with morroccan floor cushions, the mahjong sofa by Roche Bobois, and brightly patterned fabrics.... I think Im planning my next personal project... 
 








Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment